As I am beginning to prepare for next year's "Run-the-Caribbean" project, a couple events have made me think more about efforts to promote Parkinson's awareness.
1. To avoid PwP feeling the need to hide the diagnosis
2. To keep others from feeling pity for those with Parkinson's
3. To make the general public "comfortable" with Parkinson's
...and a three-step approach to individual participation in the Parkinson's awareness process:
1. Inform yourself
2. Inform your family and friends
3. Inform the general public
During "Run-the-World", I was extremely fortunate to have exposure that far exceeded my expectations. In fact, I am now discovering that the media attention was far greater than I realized during my travels. I just recently found many of the articles and video segments that where made along the way. I've done my best to catalogue these by establishing a tab on my homepage titled, "Media Coverage".